10 Important Things to Avoid While Cooking MeatDecember 4, 2020
How to set up Barbecue | 6 useful TipsMarch 3, 2021
There are different varieties of meat and this is how meat could be categorized.
- Red Meat: Livestock such as beef, pork, goat, and lamb are considered red meat.
- Poultry: This is also considered white meat and it includes chicken and turkey.
- Seafood: This includes fish, crab, lobster, and mollusks, such as clams, oysters, scallops, and mussels.
Health benefits of 5 different types of meat
- Pork: This is one of the most popular types of meat and is high in vitamin B1 along with omega-6 fatty acids. Pork is very easy to cook and has incredible flavor.
- Lamb: Lamb contains a high level of nutrients and considered to be healthier than other types of meat. This is an excellent source of vitamin B12, Zinc, and many such nutrients. It helps people in improving the cholesterol levels and reduces cardiovascular risks and helps you to have proper growth and, maintenance of the body.
- Goat: Goat meat has a good amount of potassium and has less amount of sodium than compared to other meat. If you’re suffering from hypertension, heart and kidney disease, then consumption of goat meat could be a healthier option.
- Chicken: This meat is rich in protein and low in fat and this would slightly vary in white and dark chicken. Chicken breast is the only one that doesn’t contain saturated fat.
- Seafood: This is one of the substantial and famous categories that include fish, crab, lobster, and mollusks, such as clams, oysters, scallops, and mussels. The nutritional value depends upon the species of seafood you choose. However, those who’re willing to have a healthy diet can choose seafood as it is rich in omega 3s.